Account Manager - Public Sector
Public Sector Account Manager Job In The North Of The UK - Competitive Base Salary + OTE Up To £150k
Our client are a leading provider of IT services and IT development with a global presence and an existing client catalogue with an impressive brand dominance. Due to a contract expansion within the public sector, our client require an experienced Account Manager to maintain and expand relationships in the North Region of the UK (Manchester, Leeds, of Midlands) Our clients Sales division continues to expand their pipeline and record of business wins because they set clear expectations, take a straightforward and pragmatic approach, and are honest with their customers. We are looking for an Account Manager to join the Public Sector team, with a proven record of accomplishment in selling IT Infrastructure Solutions and Professional & Managed Services.
Main Responsibilities: This position is customer facing, responsible for account management and new business development. Working with the Client Director, you will be responsible for sales and relationship development of the account, with experience selling IT Infrastructure Professional Services is essential, including Datacentre, Unified Communications, IT Security, Cloud Services, Managed Networks and Workplace solutions. Main duties include:
- Regular engagement and meetings with customers
- Build a detailed understanding of the customer environment, frameworks, competitor landscape and politics to determine key growth areas.
- Close alignment with ongoing project activity. Play a key role in governance and reviewing progress while also seeking opportunities to expand scope
- Work collaboratively with specialists across all lines of business
- Work within customer specific requirements - such as creation of work orders for service & project related activity
- Develop and maintain a wide number of relationships across the customer base
- Working closely with service peers to ensure a one team approach to account development
The Ideal Candidate: The successful candidate will have proven experience in selling IT Infrastructure Professional and Managed Services into large and strategic enterprise accounts and be confident in selling both service and supply chain solutions of multi-million pound value. Based in the North Region (Manchester, Leeds, of Midlands), you will possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to influence and present to a diverse and senior audience, with an enthusiastic and dynamic attitude and proactive approach.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.