Supplier Relationship Manager
Becoming a Supplier Relationship Manager with DCC Smart Metering:
Based in our RUDDINGTON OR MANCHESTER, the Supplier Relationship Manager will ensure the effective management of strategic supplier relationships at DCC, building trust and cooperation between DCC and its key suppliers and maximising value from those relationships
Competitive salary and benefits.
What you will do:
- Work with the Head of Supplier Relationship Management and other DCC stakeholders to define the Supplier Relationship Management framework for DCC and communicate, then embed, in the DCC organisation
- Regularly review and segment the DCC supplier base to determine the appropriate level of Relationship Management effort to be applied to each supplier bearing in mind available resources.
- Identify and work with the relevant accountable executives at DCC to manage the relationship with DCC's most strategic suppliers.
- Meet regularly with strategic suppliers' account teams to identify risks, issues and opportunities for improvement / additional value add from supplier relationships.
- Ensure the clarity of definition and overall effectiveness of the formal governance of DCC's strategic suppliers.
- Organise and facilitate / chair formal executive level governance meetings with strategic suppliers
- Determine appropriate SMART key performance indicators representative of the overall status of the supplier relationship
- Manage the production of relevant management information (e.g. monthly supplier dashboards) to provide DCC senior management with an holistic view of the supplier relationship with strategic suppliers and to support regulatory reporting.
- Manage conflict resolution between internal stakeholders, supply chain colleagues and suppliers
- Communicate DCC vision / strategic priorities to key suppliers
- Drive innovation / additional value from strategic supplier relationships
Your experience and skills will include:
- Considerable experience in Supplier Relationship Management / Vendor Management / Commercial Management within Technology / Telecoms
- Experience of managing large (£100million+), long term contractual relationships.
- Proven track-record of building and maintaining effective executive level (CxO) stakeholder relationships both internal and external
- High emotional intelligence
- Strong commercial awareness and knowledge of contract law.
- Exemplary communication and negotiation skills
About DCC Smart Metering
The Data Communications Company is responsible for the delivery of the shared infrastructure needed for energy suppliers to roll out 53 million electricity and gas smart meters by 2020. The DCC Licensee (Capita) is responsible for managing the smart metering service on behalf of its users and contracts with, and manages, the data and communications service providers.
Under its licence, DCC has an obligation to roll out smart meters to more than 99% of the properties in Great Britain.
What's in it for you?
At Capita, we believe an open, transparent working environment that encourages ingenuity and collaboration - with colleagues, customers and clients - is what makes us so effective at what we do.
As well as a generous basic salary, we also give you 25 day's holiday (rising to 27), a discretionary annual bonus company matched pension scheme and access to a variety of voluntary benefit options. These include a share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle, such as retail, health & wellbeing and leisure discounts.
You'll be joining a network of some of the most experienced, innovative and dedicated people in the country - the opportunities to learn new skills, develop in your career and grow and as we grow are almost endless. Our mission is to help you realise your potential - whatever that means to you.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now. We understand you might have some questions before taking the step to apply - you can contact for guidance.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
| Become a Change Maker |
Capita Resourcing operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of gender identity or gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.