2nd Line support engineer
A fantastic opportunity has become available for a 2nd line support engineer to join a well-established organisation based in Andover, Hampshire.
Key skills required for an IT Support engineer;
- Exceptional troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, VLANs, QoS, VPN
- Excellent customer service skills
- some experience of using monitoring systems
- Can do attitude
- Competent with IT systems and applications
- Full UK Driving License
- Experience of working in a similar role or a technical environment
Desirable skills (not essential) for a 2nd Line support engineer;
- Knowledge of using Cisco, Ruckus, Extreme Networks and UniFi networking equipment
- Experience of building and managing servers on VMWare
- Experience of working with an ISP or WISP
- Mikrotik MTCNA
- Cisco CCNA
This is a 2nd Line position that covers a wide range of tasks, from configuring firewalls and new systems, troubleshooting network issues or even wireless surveys.
You’ll be part of an Operations Team, reporting into the Operations Director. The IT support team will handle 1st line support queries and you will be the first point of escalation. This will be to deal with specialist queries that require a much more in-depth level of investigation.
You will be involved in the design, configuration and testing of new wireless systems before they are installed on customer sites. This will include routers, switches, Wireless Access Points, monitoring of the network, connectivity solutions, building the management portal according to the customer requirements and documentation.
Due to my clients' global presence, you will be required to occasionally work out of hours and provide remote assistance for installation teams.
Working hours - Monday to Friday 8:30 - 17:00
There will also be an on-call rota which will require you to be on call for 1 week out of 3. You will also occasionally get the opportunity to travel National and International.
To find out more about this role and the opportunity to join a dynamic and vibrant team, please apply now.