Associate Director – Corporate Banking Origination (Loan & Capital Markets)
A leading Global Financial Institution is seeking to employ an Associate Director – Corporate Banking Origination (Loan & Capital Markets) based in London.
Hours 35 per week/permanent.
Competitive salary offered.
The Associate Director – Corporate Banking Origination (Loan & Capital Markets) will be part of the team responsible for providing loan and capital markets solutions to the organisation’s UK corporate client base. They will be a market leading corporate banking team whose purpose is to leverage broad product knowledge and extensive transaction experience to originate and deliver debt finance and capital market solutions to publicly-listed and privately held (non-sponsor backed) corporates, acting as a link between the Commercial Banking business (Corporate Bank) and Global Banking & Markets (Investment Bank). Additionally, they will work alongside Coverage and Senior Management as well as collaborating closely and regularly with Debt Capital Markets, Equity Capital Markets, Leveraged & Acquisition Finance, M&A Advisory and Syndicate.
The Associate Director – Corporate Banking Origination (Loan & Capital Markets) will originate and structure the full suite of loan and capital markets transactions – from ordinary course refinances to large-scale M&A. They will work with the Transaction Management team on loan execution and build the team’s franchise value/reputation with internal and external stakeholders. They will drive proactive collaboration with GB&M (Investment Bank) product partners, international colleagues, and other Global Businesses to deliver maximum value of the firm’s products and services to the clients and deepening existing relationships.
The Associate Director – Corporate Banking Origination (Loan & Capital Markets) will play a key role in maintaining trusted relationships with the Coverage teams and Senior Management to drive origination opportunities and client engagement. They will also ensure CMBO operates in accordance with the organisation’s internal lending and other guidelines, controls and procedures and also in line with any external regulatory requirements. Moreover, they will be the primary support for the Directors as the market face of the team, whereby the successful applicant will originate and structure transactions for these clients, which will include loans in addition to investment banking / capital markets products and will start taking on some Director-level responsibilities during their progression.
The successful candidate will be a graduate and will have the following attributes:
· A genuine interest in the financial markets.
· Substantial experience in corporate finance / investment banking and crucially debt advisory.
· Experience working in relevant environments/markets, e.g. Syndicated Loans Market, Debt/Structured Finance, Investment Banking teams across a diverse base of sectors.
· Excellent knowledge of loan and capital markets products, including cash-flow lending (corporate or leveraged), M&A, bridges and post-IPO financing.
· Extremely strong financial analysis and financial modelling skills, and the ability to teach others.
· International experience, both working in an international setting and also with global corporates.
· Comprehensive understanding of risk management and proven experience of ensuring own/others' compliance with relevant regulatory processes.
· Broad based transferable skills, including as to leadership, management and planning/delivery of training programmes.
· Willingness to undertake the training/study required in this role, i.e. if not currently approved certified person, the selected candidate must achieve Certified Person Competency within two years of joining the team.
· Additional extra-curricular qualifications such as CFA would be beneficial.
Closing dates for applications 14th June 2019