Special Educational Needs Teacher
Special Educational Needs Teacher – Kisimul School
Due to continued organisational growth and development we are recruiting for outstanding Teachers to join our Education Teams at the beautiful Kisimul School. We are set across two sites; the Swinderby School site is located between Lincoln and Newark and the Acacia site is located between Lincoln and Market Rasen.
About the job:
No two days are the same, so we want Teachers who can work at pace to turn ‘can’t do’ into ‘want to’ and are motivated by working with young people with complex needs. You will be highly motivated in your belief that every child can achieve and reach their potential. The ideal candidate will enjoy working with children in a calm and engaging demeanor, whilst being resilient and using innovative styles of teaching.
We want to hear from people with drive and a willingness to go the ‘extra mile’ to improve the lives of the young people in our care. Whilst previous experience of working in a SEN environment would be desirable, excellent teaching skills and the right motivation, personal qualities and levels of resilience are just as important.
Visits to the school are actively encouraged and highly advisable.
What will I be doing?
- Establish and maintain good working relationships in order to promote the development and effective delivery of the school curriculum and maximise our young people’s achievement.
- Teaching students according to their educational needs and acknowledging that every lesson counts.
- Creating a well-ordered and secure environment that will ensure the educational well-being of individual children within the group.
- Managing behaviour with confidence, resilience and perseverance. Following agreed and consistent strategies alongside school, therapeutic and residential colleagues.
- Ensuring careful and ongoing assessment of the students learning to inform further planning and next steps.
- Ensuring that tasks and activities are matched to the ability of the children- allowing them to make progress at the right pace and level.
- Working with school leaders to complete and teach individual pupil plans where students have specific needs.
- Liaising effectively with parents and a wide range of professionals.
What do I need?
- Must be educated to degree level or be of Qualified Teacher Status (or equivalent)
- Be an outstanding practitioner
- Understanding of the curriculum in order for successful planning and delivery
- The ability to manage challenging behaviour effectively
Why work for us?
A few reasons we think it’s a great place to work:
- Continuous professional development & training for a clear career path
- Opportunity to enrich the lives of young people and make a positive difference
- Be part of a fantastic team who work hard together and support each other
- No two days are ever the same
- Open and positive working environment
- “Your Wellbeing Matters”
About Kisimul Group:
Kisimul Group Ltd are a group of independent specialist schools and adult provisions providing exceptional residential care and award-winning education to children, young people and adults with a diagnosis of Autistic Spectrum Disorder, severe and complex learning difficulties, global development delay and associated challenging behaviour.
Kisimul is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults, children and young people, and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Kisimul is committed to valuing diversity and promoting equality for all.
All applicants will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS Check.
Kisimul Group Ltd is an equal opportunities employer
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/86471909