Level 2 Nursery Assistant
Are you looking for a new challenge within a warm and friendly nursery?
Noddy's Nursery School are looking for a Level 2 Nursery Assistant.
Are you passionate and a hard-working Nursery Assistant. We want to hear from you.
Duties and responsibilities
- Ensure that the standards and philosophy of the nursery and you understand and project them at all times to parents and other staff members
- Ensure that you are following the Early Years Foundation Stage, using all relevant paperwork to plan, observe, track and move children forward to their next stage of development
- Being responsible for a key group of children, keeping an accurate record of their developments and achievements
- Write termly learning journeys for each key child
- Being aware of each child’s individual care needs, including medical information, sleeping and dietary needs
- Record the children’s sleep times, eating habits and bottle-feeds
- Preparation and completion of activities to suit each child’s stage of development and interest both in the classroom and the garden at all times
- Ensure that the children are safe and safeguarding procedures are being followed
- Ensure children who are unwell are monitored in line with our sickness policy and that management are notified so arrangements can be made with the parent.
Specific child care tasks
- Provide toys, activities and equipment that is appropriate to each child’s developmental stage
- Sing, read stories and play games with the children
- Supervise at meal times, feeding and serving food, as necessary
- Change nappies at regular times throughout the day or when required
- Create displays with the children’s work
- Wash up any painting materials or kitchen utensils used, clearing up after activities
- Assisting in the induction process for children
- Ensure the safety, hygiene and cleanliness standards are maintained at all times
- Communicate regularly within the team, supporting other members of staff within your room
- Greet and approach parents and perform termly parent / teacher meetings
- Liaise with parents, carers or family members, forming professional relationships and share with them their child’s development
- To be flexible within working practices of the nursery, helping where required
- To work alongside management ensuring the standards and philosophy of the nursery are maintained
- To attend out of hours meetings, such as parent evenings, events and staff meetings
- To uphold the reputation of the nursery and it’s standards at all times, both within working hours and outside.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/86483618