Purchase Ledger Clerk
Alexander Daniels are working with a growing business located in Coventry who are actively seeking a Purchase Ledger Clerk for a replacement of a long standing employee who is unfortunately retiring.
We are looking for a candidate who is Purchase Ledger through and through, who knows the full process and confident managing and resolving queries.
Overall Job Purpose:
To administer the Purchase Ledger and ensure that payments for all parts of the business are made in accordance with appropriate timescales and within relevant payment terms.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To ensure that all invoices and other payment requests are checked and inputted into the organisations Ledger promptly and accurately
- Query invoices with suppliers and other payment requests with Claimants as necessary and to resolve queries from suppliers and other stakeholders (internal and external)
- Prepare purchase ledger supplier reconciliations to supplier statements as and when required
- To be aware of VAT relief if applicable on purchases and to arrange for credit notes if necessary
- Monitor unauthorised invoices, ensuring these can be traced and queries resolved quickly
- Scan all invoices and ensure the invoice is sent to the correct budget holder for approval
- Ensure the correct ledger codes are used
- Maintenance of all payments through bank to Purchase Ledger
- Management of Direct Debit payments
- File all paid invoices and related reports
- Obtain signatories for payments and BACS
- Identify opportunities for implementing improvements to the Purchase Ledger process and take responsibility for their implementation, guaranteeing its enforcement to all stakeholders (mostly site personnel, but also suppliers, in conjunction with Purchasing, when needed).
- Have experience in dealing with troubleshooting with a varied range of departments/colleagues.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as requested from time to time by Financial Accounting and/or the Financial Director.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/86462660