Audit Manager 3rd Sector/Not for Profit
Our client is a top 20 accountancy firm with a national footprint.
With a full spread of services lines across a varied client demographic, the Not-for-Profit practice in Yorkshire has grown significantly in recent years acting for a wide range of charitable organisations, including household name charities. They also act for a significant number of Academies and independent schools.
Working within the audit and advisory department you will be part of a talented and collaborative team and will be responsible for:
- your own portfolio of charity and other Not-for-profit clients,
- reporting to the charities partners.
- a wide variety of clients with incomes from £250,000 to £20 million.
The role will include specialist advisory projects such as:
- internal controls reviews,
- due diligence assignments
- providing accounting support and ad hoc advice to clients.
- preparation and presentation of tenders for new work
You will have the opportunity to work closely with our colleagues in direct tax and VAT as part of the all-round service offering to our clients. There will also be opportunities to become involved in training and to help with charity marketing events.
There are excellent promotion prospects for the successful candidate.
Candidates should be ACA/ACCA qualified with a good exam record.
The successful candidate will possess:
- a wide range of audit experience
- good knowledge of current issues within the charities sector.
- experience of auditing and advising charities
- knowledge of the Charities SORP and Academies Accounts Direction and Handbook is highly desirable.
- knowledge of the VAT and tax issues affecting charities would be useful, but is not essential.
The firm will provide training and support to help develop the successful candidate's specialist knowledge and capabilities. The systems used are Excel, Word and CCH