Teacher - Welsh Immersion Unit
*Welsh Immersion Unit*
To start - September 2019
Teaching Personnel is looking to recruit a Welsh Teacher for a Welsh Immersion Unit within a Primary School in Newport. The Welsh Immersion Unit provides intense Welsh language learning enabling children to gain a level of fluency to transfer to education in a Welsh-medium School. Although one year experience working within a Primary School is preferred, it isn't essential.
In fulfilling the requirements of the post the teacher will demonstrate necessary professional characteristics, and in particular:
- Inspire trust and confidence in pupils and colleagues
- Build team commitment with colleagues.
- Motivate pupils.
- Demonstrate analytical thinking.
- Improve the quality of pupils' learning.
- Promote exceptional oral and written skills in Welsh and English.
- Working together effectively as part of an active and enthusiastic team.
- Work with others to achieve the school's aims and objectives.
- Work with staff to implement effective systems for assessing, recording and reporting on pupils' progress and analysing data.
- Central to planning, resource management, monitoring, review and evaluation.
- To promote and maintain high expectations of behaviour and discipline.
- Participate in the school's extra-curricular activities.
- Provide a developmental curriculum that is broad, balanced and purposeful.
- Work with parents / carers to ensure an interactive partnership between home and school.
- Ensure that the information gathered in assessment is used effectively in order to promote teaching and learning.
- Monitor and evaluate the quality of provision and set realistic targets for improvement.
- Manage effective use of own time and time.
- To promote, through personal example, a high standard of learning.
- Be an effective and committed teacher.
- Support the Head teacher to ensure high standards of teaching.
- Support the Head teacher in developing and implementing school policies.
If you have the above skills and would like to apply for the job, send your CV or call Lisa in the Primary branch on .
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.