Materials Engineer - Legislation
* Support part analysis and data maintenance activities for all vehicles in support of Materials Compliance i.e. TSCA (Toxic Substance Control Act), REACH (Restriction, Evaluation, Authorisation of Chemicals)
* Engage in cross-business activities as necessary for the control of restricted materials.
Scope of the Role:
1. Delivery of projects
* Verify and maintain materials data in relevant systems to ensure our parts in terms of materials are, when introduced into production, safe and compliant with regulations and otherwise fit for purpose.
* Engage cross-functionally to obtain required material information.
* Responsible for planning, verifying, monitoring and maintaining the correctness of material data and expediting specified material tests if required.
* Responsible for reporting of status of activities in local area.
2. Accountable for deliverables
* Manage workload on a daily basis and respond to both long term and short term task requests.
* Ability to demonstrate deliverable status at any time.
* Work proactively with the team to ensure that legislative requirements are "designed-in" at the earliest appropriate stage.
* Awareness of Engineering release level and change management.
3. Problem Solving
* Ability to assist with solving complex Engineering material related problems.
* Assist with the analysis and management to identify the root cause.
* Collect, manage and analyse data to produce analysis reports.
4. Developing & maintaining specialist knowledge
* Actively up to date with relevant materials legislation.
* Understand relevant processes.
5. Ability to work within a team
* Able to work effectively in a cross-functional team.
* Awareness of own contribution in delivering team objectives.
6. Role Specific Tasks
* Awareness of existing and proposed materials related legislation which affects the use of restricted materials in the client's vehicles.
* Responsible for ensuring materials data is complete and correct for all relevant parts from suppliers, in-house and other sources.
* Responsible for securing evidence from responsible functions for their materials compliance.
* Responsible for monitoring and maintaining the correctness of material data.
Is a leading Automotive manufacturer with a reputation for outstanding quality the world over. With demand increasing and an upturn in production, there is a need to bring further skills into the business to deliver on current and future projects.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* HNC or equivalent level qualification
Skills and Experience:
* Ability to communicate at various levels across the company.
* Strong attention to detail combined with a transparent and resilient approach.
* Ability to influence colleagues within your area of responsibility.
* Basic knowledge of problem solving tools and their application.
* Skills required by local area.
* Ability to solve problems.
* Appropriate experience working in the automotive industry or related industry desirable.
Practical & Technical Knowledge:
* Knowledge of Legislation related to the control of restricted materials and/or vehicle recyclability would be advantageous.
* Comprehensive computer literacy in particular Microsoft Excel, Word & Powerpoint.
* Experience in MISS2 and/or IMDS desirable.
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.
Fircroft is registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioner as required under the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679. Fircroft will only process your personal data for the specific purposes of managing your application.