Finance Systems Manager
Assume management responsibility for ensuring that financial and case management systems in both the UK and overseas are fully supported, maintained and developed. Strong technical focus, and strong management focus in this role.
The client is one of the leading law firms in their class, operating worldwide.
- Assume management responsibility for ensuring that the financial accounting system is fully supported, maintained and developed in the UK and overseas.
- Understand the financial business processes and system, including how systems integrate with case management software and databases.
- Make recommendations on how system processes can be streamlined, implement improved financial reporting.
- Continuously make developments to both systems and processes throughout.
- Take on an active management role in the planning and implementation of UK and global projects.
- Use your financial systems expertise, and that of the team, to ensure all financial systems projects are implemented effectively and to the desired standard.
- Liaise with senior management and senior stakeholders across the business.
- This is a highly technical role, you will be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- Advanced T-SQL with MS SQL Server 2017
- Advanced reporting skills in BIDS/SSDT, managing SSRS and data visualisation tools e.g. Power BI
- Advanced understanding of XML & XSL
- Understanding of database objects and structure
- Experience working with VB.Net and C#
- MS Office, including VBA skills
- Experience leading technical teams, and project management
- Understanding of financial bookeeping/accounting
- System development and integration experience
- Ability to troubleshoot technical problems methodically and analytically
- Ability to manage system failures in a time critical fashion
- Must be okay with out of hours work when troubleshooting problems
- Team player with strong stakeholder management skill
There is a competitive salary on offer, as well as 26 days holiday plus bank holidays. Pension, life assurance, private medical cover, health insurance and the reimbursement of fees to professional bodies required for the role.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/86479495