A brilliant opportunity had arisen for a Payroll and Benefits Administrator to work for our client based in Windsor. This is a full time permanent position working Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm. Our client would like an ideal candidate to have 2+ years experience working as part of an in house payroll team, with extensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel, specifically V LOOKUP and Pivot tables. Candidates must also be able to manually perform a net pay calculation. The administrator will be working closely with and reporting to the Payroll and Benefits Manager.
- Working closely with the Payroll and Benefits Manager to ensure that payrolls are processed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Responsibility for some of the smaller payrolls (including pensioners) from start to finish, including HMRC submissions, reconciliation and journal posting into the nominal ledger.
- Be responsible for all collating and processing overtime.
- Responsibility for recording of sick leave.
- Check sickness, maternity, paternity, adoption, shared parental leave pay entitlement, in accordance with the Company terms and conditions, procedures and statutory legislation.
- Deal with ad hoc queries from staff across the Company with regard to their pay and deductions in liaison with HR.
- Assist with year-end processes and reconciliations – such as P35s, P60s, P11ds and PSA.
- Keep up to date with current processes and changes in pension, taxation and employment legislation, ensuring Company procedures are updated.
- Run monthly pension schemes, including contractual/auto enrollment processes, monthly submissions and reconciliations.
- Administration of, and annual renewal of the Company Life Assurance Scheme and dealing with Death in Service payments.
- Be responsible for the administration of the Company childcare vouchers, health schemes & cycle to work scheme.
- To work towards being able to deputise for the Payroll and Benefits Manager
In addition to the normal duties and responsibilities which this position entails, the Payroll and Benefits Administrator will be expected to carry out other such duties as may reasonably be assigned from time to time.
Essential skills required for the role:
- Experience of working in an in house payroll environment
- The ability to manually perform a net pay calculation
- Working knowledge of pension schemes
- Intermediate excel skills and must be using excel in current position
- Flexible / can do attitude with the ability to think outside the box
- High degree of organisational skills
- GCSE Maths and English, Grade C or above , or equivalent.
Salary : Up to £35000 depending on experience + benefits package
Hours : 35 per week