School Business Manager
Are you an experienced School Business Manager looking to enjoy term time holidays?
Due to the success of the school I am excited to be looking for somebody to command this brand new position and take the forefront in it's development.
30 hours a week for 39 weeks per year (37 weeks term time plus 2 additional weeks)
Please note that the school is happy to discuss with the successful candidate how the 30 hours are allocated over a four or five day working week.
Salary between £31,500 - £34,000 Pro rata
Purpose of the Job
To work within the school leadership team, providing specialist advice and guidance to its members and taking collective decisions on policy and service delivery issues.
To organise the support function of the school, overseeing any activities that do not have a curriculum focus. This includes:
- School finances
- Line managing and overseeing the work of the caretaker who organises building repairs and maintenance
- Line managing and overseeing the work of cleaning staff
- Line managing and supervising office staff
- Working to oversee and support admissions
- Managing the school facilities
- Overseeing catering contracts
- Ensuring the school complies with all employment legislation
- Ensuring all health and safety and safeguarding procedures and policies are followed
- Supporting the Head Teacher to manage staffing issues
- Attending Governing Body meetings when required
- Deputising for the Head Teacher in relevant fields of expertise
Applications are invited from charismatic, enthusiastic and suitably qualified Business Managers for this exciting, rewarding and demanding post.
The Head Teacher wishes to appoint someone who:
- is a creative, dedicated and enthusiastic person who is excited about the development of Cathedral Primary School
- is able to demonstrate high impact in leading and managing school business, financial, administrative and personnel departments
- has excellent organisational, communication, and IT skills
- is solution focused and able to work as part of a team
Candidates are very welcome to visit the school.
Also working with one of Bristol’s most successful and oversubscribed state secondary schools. This partnership offers our staff fantastic opportunities for personal and professional development. The successful candidate will also be working with a group of committed professionals.
Please apply below and if successful I will be in touch before the end of the week, Good luck!!