Our Engineering Consultancy Service focuses on vehicle electrical, electronics and software design, development and integration. We support automotive manufacturers with innovative engineering solutions from vehicle concept through to after sales and diagnostics services.
About the Role
We currently have an opportunity for a Validation/Test Engineer to deliver aftersales diagnostics to a luxury car manufacturer. The main responsibility of this role being to investigate and solve electrical and software issues in the production of both new and current products.
- Complete technical investigations on electrical and software issues relating to the overall product
- Prepare comprehensive technical reports on your findings
- Carry out validation activities on potential solutions, both independently and alongside engineers
- Perform root cause analysis on issues, diagnosing electrical and hydraulic systems
- Provide documentation of test results and debug information
- Participate in New Product Development activities, working with other areas of the business
- Provide feedback and participation in new idea generation
- Formal qualification in relevant subject e.g. Mechanical, Automotive or Agricultural Engineer
- Workshop experience in the automotive industry
- Electrical and electronics background
- The ability to analyse and interpret data
- HV experience would be advantageous
- Main Dealer experience (VW group preferred)
- Experienced with Vehicle diagnostics
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- The ability to prioritise and plan effectively
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Creative problem solving
What We offer
- A competitive salary package with annual "Value Sharing Bonus" paid to all employees.
- A generous contributory pension scheme.
- Healthcare cash back scheme.
- Employee discounts on Continental tyres and other products.
- Death in service insurance.
- Free on-site parking.
- Flexible working.
- On-going training and excellent personal development opportunities.