Procurement Category Manager
Role for a category manager within a successful and forward thinking public sector procurement department
Salary banding £37,500 - £44,000
Your new company
A successful and forward thinking procurement department within the public sector.
This is an excellent opportunity to develop your career in a dynamic, challenging, and high profile environment.
Your new role
Working in a busy and exciting healthcare organisation, you will manage your own procurement projects and contracts, working with colleagues and stakeholders to deliver and manage contracts for goods and services.
This role will involve:
- Running complex OJEU procurements, managing multiple senior stakeholders and reporting and presenting as required via Prince 2 methodology in both written and verbal formats.
- Implementing a category management strategy, delivering effective procurement and supporting the management of key supplier relationships to deliver breakthrough performance in cost, service and quality.
- Leading large procurement activities, delivering savings and other optimal outcomes of a tactical (cost reduction) and strategic nature in a challenging healthcare environment. Accordingly you will be able to demonstrate change management and stakeholder management skills across decentralised business units.
- Gaining competitive advantage by identifying best practice and leveraging the spend within categories.
- Lead the development of compliant on-line catalogues within Procurement. Implement and action a plan to rationalise the current range of products available through on-line catalogues and manage the ongoing maintenance of this information.
- Seeking out and engaging appropriate internal and external stakeholders at Senior Manager level to provide the information and insight to support the development of the strategic options within categories.
- Where appropriate, working closely with a central support team to ensure the contracts you let deliver best value through effective supplier management.
- Supporting Senior Category Managers with the negotiation and completion of contracts often of a complex nature to support the category strategy.
- Promote procurement outside the procurement function and promoting change and development as required.
What you'll need to succeed
* Previous healthcare experience would be beneficial , although not essential
* Commercial procurement experience within the public or private sector
* Ideally you will be MCIPS
* Microsoft office packages
* category areas - Either Clinical goods and services , professional services or FM would be useful.
What you'll get in return
* Competitive salary
* Opportunity for career development
* Competitive holiday entitlement
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/86469643