Graduate Radiation Instrumentation Researcher
ROLE:Graduate Radiation Instrumentation Researcher
LOCATION: West Cumbria
A unique and exciting opportunity has arisen with one of our top clients. This company is a rapidly growing technology company with aspirations to do things differently and make a positive global impact. With a focus on customer value and an entrepreneurial attitude, they apply science to real-life problems to deliver cutting edge solutions into multiple sectors.
They are working on a number of innovative radiation sensing projects for customers around the world, developing novel technologies to advance civil nuclear decommissioning and environmental clean-up.
We are recruiting for a talented, creative individual to join the small but expanding x-ray and gamma-ray imaging group. Reporting directly to the Head of Nuclear Imaging, you will be responsible for assisting with design, implementation and testing radiation imaging technologies to enable intelligence lead decommissioning on some of the world's most hazardous sites.
You will be an enthusiastic team player who delights in finding novel solutions to tough problems and then breathing life into your ideas. You are optimistic, but pragmatic; creative, but focussed. In addition to these fundamental characteristics, you will have the following competencies:
* Demonstrated ability to creatively apply scientific and mathematical principles to solve challenging problems at an implementation level.
* You will have strong scientific computing skills, preferably with experience of programming in C++ and ability to work with higher level languages such as Matlab, Python or C#.
* Knowledge of radiation transport physics including experience with codes such as MCNP and GEANT is preferable but not essential.
* Familiarity with basic radiation physics or generic instrument electronics would be an advantage
Additional desirable skills and experience:
* Familiarity with an R&D environment, gained in either an academic or commercial context
* Commercial experience of product development would be an advantage as would experience of developing and trialling products to prototype stage either in terms of hardware or software.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/86461458