Accounts Payable Assistant
I am currently recruiting an Accounts Payable Assistant on a temporary to permanent basis. This is working for a growing fashion company based in East London close to Shoreditch Station.
My client is a fast growing fashion company based in East London. They were established couple of years ago and since have grown consistently year on year. More recently they have made a number of acquisitions and now expect rapid growth in 2019.
Due to this expansion they are now looking to hire an Accounts Payable Assistant on a temporary to permanent basis. This will be an initial temporary assignment for 3 months. The role will be based in their new offices in London.
This is an excellent opportunity to work in a fast paced, dynamic working environment.
Accounts Payable Assistant, East London
You will be a core member of the Finance team supporting the business with treasury related activities and processing both sales and purchasing transactions.
You will be a central link between the Personal Shopping team and Finance Operations, requiring you to build a solid understanding of all stages of our purchasing and payments processes, alongside a strong understanding of the sales process.
You will be expected to flag any challenges so that the team can continuously improve workflows and ensure that processes are operating efficiently.
Roles and Duties:
- Daily upload into our finance system (Netsuite) of Bank Statement and Credit Card transactions and reconciliations
- Processing purchase invoices and bank transfers in an accurate and timely manner for the Personal Shopping team
- Communicating as required with the Personal Shopping team via messaging platforms, primarily Slack
- Processing overhead invoices in an accurate and timely manner
- Preparing the weekly staff expenses and purchase ledger payment run
- Raising sales invoices to our brand partners and managing the credit control activities for these customers
- Assisting with credit card management for the business including making applications for new starters and cancelling cards for leavers
- Investigation and resolution of issues for any bank/credit card related transactions
- Ensure we adhere to agreed policies and escalate any breach of policy to finance management
- Ad-hoc administration support for the wider Finance Team, as required
The successful candidate MUST be immediately available and can interview / start at short notice.
They must also have 1-2 years working knowledge of the roles and duties above.
- Experience in a high volume, data processing role - essential
- Luxury, fashion or retail industry - preferred
- Self-organised with strong time management, self-disciplined, excellent attention to detail, able to work under pressure and deadlines
- Strong numeracy
- Proficient in Excel and Word
- Familiarity with NetSuite is an advantage
Option for study support for AAT or equivalent exams
The successful candidate will be paid between £12-13 per hour, or £23,000k to £25,0000k depending on experience.