6 Months Contract
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Procurement Manager with a Top 50 FTSE company based in Coventry.
This is an initial contract for 6 months; with potential for further extension beyond this point.
The successful Procurement Manager will have a wealth of commercial experience in the Procurement for Digital, Marketing, HR and Finance, be an accomplished self-starter and manage the procurement process as opposed to managing a team.
Procurement Manager Role Responsibilities:
To support end to end supply chain activities across all digital, marketing, HR and Finance categories of spend in the organisation. Identifying effective procurement solutions; reducing risk, and delivering value for money with fit for purpose contracts, through a consistent and transparent process.
- Team point of contact for all various procurement activity
- Procurement planning and Sourcing strategy development
- Cost saving & cost avoidance (opportunity identification and forward planning)
- Tendering / Market Testing
- Strategic Management of Renewals (recurring spend items)
- Contract Management & Legal Engagement
- Strategic Procurement & SRM Function Development (Policy and Process)
- MCIPS qualified (required)
- Degree qualified (required)
- MBA (desirable)
Procurement Manager Skills / Experience:
- Minimum 5 years' experience in General Procurement.
- Financial Services experience preferred.
- Proven track record in negotiating contracts up to £5m annual value.
- Experience of complex, multi supplier environment covering all Finance, Digital, Marketing and HR
- Experience of a wide range of major suppliers, market knowledge, products and pricing models.
- Experience of dealing with channel partners and resellers.
- An expert in category management, development of tools and techniques, including development of Sourcing strategies and implementation.
- Experience of tender procurement practice and processes
- An expert of specification development and implementation of relevant forms of contract and a wide and varied commercial knowledge.
- Strong negotiator and ability to develop relevant negotiation strategies.
- Ability to articulate a vision, strategic thinker and also able to deliver and implementation strategies.
- Strong analytical skills with a measured approach to decision making
- Highly competent in supplier selection and evaluation.
- Able to work on own and manage high level of work through to completion.
- Enthusiastic team player and highly customer focused
- Focused on cost reduction and efficiency improvements
- Able to operate under pressure and to meet tight and demanding deadlines
- Experienced in leading and delivering change.
- Problem solving skills, especially the ability to develop new efficient tool box solutions.
- Strong report writing and presentations
If you are a highly professional Procurement Manager who thrives within a complex and changing environment, with a flair for cost saving across a multitude of domains then I would like to hear from you.
Please either apply online or alternatively send your CV directly to me at: