Information Security Team Leader
Role: Information Security Team Leader
Salary: £40,000 - £50,700 DOE
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Information Security Team Leader to join a leading organisation based in Leicester.
The Team Leader role will manage a team of one Security Architect and two Vulnerability Management Engineers who are responsible for the security architecture and vulnerability management of our client’s IT Infrastructure.
Responsibilities: Information Security Team Leader
- You will manage a team of one Security Architect and two Vulnerability Management Engineers
- Assist senior management in defining short- and long-term security strategies for our client as well as helping to plan and maintain seasonal budgets.
- Mentor team members and provide regular appraisals to aid in their on-going development.
- Provide senior management with clear and concise updates to significant issues, ensuring they are escalated when necessary and take a lead role in coordinating major incidents
- Ownership of Penetration Testing plan and ensuring tests are planned, scheduled, communicated and executed effectively
- Ensure that all vulnerabilities are acknowledged and raised by the team in a timely manner, and that work is correctly prioritised.
- Liaise with other infrastructure teams in order to ensure they are working to the same strategies and standards.
Skills and experience: Information Security Team Leader
- Previous experience with Vulnerability Management tools such as Qualys, Nessus, Netsparker etc
- Understanding of security threats and compromise methods
- Understanding of the implication of differing threats to a retail environment
- Experience at a senior level across a variety of systems such as Microsoft Windows, MacOS and Linux
- Expert knowledge of TCP/IP and infrastructure services such as DNS, DHCP
- Previous experience of internet and email gateway technologies
- Previous experience of data loss prevention technologies
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to effectively plan and priorities workloads, and to measure and report on current progress
- Commercially aware with capability to understand business issues and key events
- Ability to convey a technical solution to senior management in a clear and concise manner
- Can work to strict deadlines, remain positive and calm under pressure
- Adheres to and promotes high standards
- Proven ability to mentor less experienced members of staff
- Previous experience of network infrastructure components such as routers, switches and firewalls
- Understanding and experience of working for a Retail company
- Industry recognised qualifications.
If you are an experienced Information Security Team Leader looking for a new challenging role with a well established organisation then please send your latest CV to or call Jenny Collin on