Having opened our first practice in 2008, we are the UK’s leading private provider of Podiatry and Chiropody, offering 109 clinics nationwide serving more than 240,000 patients each year.
In delivering our mission ‘to provide our patients with an outstanding foot care experience’ we have over 118 qualified Podiatrists who, as well as providing overall foot care advice, offer our patients a range of treatments, including; podiatry/chiropody services, biomechanical assessments, custom made orthotics, cryotherapy and nail surgery.
We also employ a number of Foot Health Practitioners who undertake training to recognise, assess and treat commonly occurring foot conditions.
Each and every one of our practices has a team of foot health experts from our Podiatrists, Foot Health Practitioners and Foot Care Assistants who are passionate about your foot health, with a wealth of knowledge about podiatry/chiropody services, orthotics, comfort footwear and foot care products for a complete foot health service.
We are currently recruiting for a passionate and enthusiastic Store Manager in our brand new concept and fresh looking Hull Store.Location: Hull Store, Princes Quay, West Arcade, HU1 2PQReports to: Regional Support ManagerHours Available: full time role of37.5 a week (between 9am and 6pm including weekends) – require flexibility
As a Store Manager, you will be responsible for the day to day operation of the store and supporting all aspects of the business.
Knowledge of foot care is not necessary, but experience in retail is required at Assistant Manager level as a minimum. This includes running daily operations and leading by example, ensuring consistent levels of quality in all areas of service, the management and motivation of the team, all governed by a strong decision making ability and sense of responsibility.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Driving sales and key KPI’s through strong leadership.
- Taking control, ownership and accountability of store operations and team performance, including responsibility for opening and closing the store as required.
- Displaying skills in leadership in relation to managing and motivating a team to increase sales and ensure efficiency.
- Being the liaison between staff and management to ensure relationship building in a diplomatic manner.
- Continually supporting the shop floor team, talking to colleagues and customers professionally.
- Handling staff concerns and ensuring investigations are conducted in line with policy, as well as being confident to carry out one to one informal conversations (documented where necessary).
- Picking up any formal complaints.
- Ensuring high standards for quality, customer service and health and safety are consistently met.
- Preparing bank deposits as required and being responsible for this in relation to security.
- Handling cash on a daily basis when serving customers and preparing bank deposits.
- Determining customers’ needs through professional means and clear communication.
- Handling and supporting the team on customer complaints within store, escalating to the Customer Services or Regional Support Manager where necessary.
- Organising special promotions, displays and events.
- Having a keen awareness of product knowledge within stores when advising customers.
- Restocking merchandise and assisting the Merchandising team in decisions regarding stock levels.
- Keeping the store tidy and clean, including counters and seating areas, as well as staff room and other communal areas whether visible to customers to not.
Skills, experience and abilities:
- Confidence, drive and enthusiasm for the role – accentuated by customer interaction
- Strong commitment to customer service
- Has strong verbal and communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to build positive relationships with the customer and staff
- Continually reflects strong team spirit
- Has a good understanding of product knowledge
- Possesses a competitive spirit and a desire to sell
- Has positive problem solving skills
- Keen and ambition to develop leadership skills and demonstrate this to show reliability
- Experience of working in retail essential at assistant manager level
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/86017839