Are you an experienced mechanical Engineer looking for a new opportunity?
Do you have the experience with the waste industry?
gap professional is operating as an employment agency on behalf of our client who is a leading UK waste and resource management company, which is part of a global group with a strong heritage in providing services for communities and businesses and are located in the ME16 location, they currently have an exciting new permanent opportunity.
Mechanical Engineer Role
Responsible for the Project Management of equipment and process upgrades involving the development of the overall project brief, including design stage risk assessment, involvement of key stakeholders, capital justification/application, tender specification, installation, commissioning, defect rectification, documentation implementation within the document control system and the Maintenance Management System.
Mechanical Engineer Responsibilities will be to:-
- Understand and implement the company SHEQ policy
- Health and Safety
- Play a key role in the planning and execution of annual planned outages, taking responsibility for ensuring work is completed safely
- Working with Procurement to establish long term agreements with suitable suppliers and contractors
- Work with the Maintenance Team Leaders to develop the site Maintenance Management System as well as improve the skills and knowledge of the Technicians
- Be a key member of the maintenance department to ensure the effective operation of the plant, involving direct supervision/liaison with the maintenance team and contractors
Qualifications and Experience
- Ideally Degree qualified
- IOSH/NBOSH safety accreditation
- A minimum of 5 years' experience within the Energy from Waste, Power or similar heavy industries
- Project Management experience, with working knowledge of Microsoft Project
- Experience with preventative/predictive maintenance techniques
- Previous experience of statutory inspections of steam pressure systems and associated equipment and all forms of NDT
- Good knowledge and understanding of steam turbine and generator equipment
- Previous Maintenance Management System experience
- Experience of root cause analysis and similar fault finding analysis techniques
- Understanding and experience of CDM
- Good understanding of relevant legislative requirements
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate excellent organisational and planning skills with a willingness and ability to operate flexibly over a wide range of work areas. You should also be able to manage numerous sub-contractors in a planned outage environment.
Our client's core business centres on collection, resource recovery and renewable energy providing services for local authorities and commercial customers. Their business is grouped into five core services:
- Municipal services - household waste collection, street cleansing, parks and gardens maintenance
- Business waste solutions -waste collection and recycling services for small and large companies
- Recycling - material recycling facilities, household waste recycling centres
- Green energy -recovery of energy from waste
Closing date is 31st May 2019.
gap professional are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future