Due to exceptional sales and continued sustainable growth this FMCG business is seeking a purchasing professional to review their current purchasing levels, implement a buying strategy and simplify ranges where possible.
To be successful in this role of Purchasing Manager you will need previous experience of purchasing within a high-volume manufacturing facility. You will also need to have the ability to think ahead, establishing what impact your purchases will have on manufacturing, labour levels and delivery / service.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Conduct research to ascertain the best products and suppliers in terms of best value, delivery schedules and quality.
- Forecast price trends and their impact on future activities.
- Develop, lead and execute a purchasing strategy.
- Track how inventory is used and adjust purchasing habits in accordance with apparent trends.
- Forecast demand for purchases and makes orders accordingly.
- Maintain a network of professional contacts in order to discover new opportunities for good deals on orders.
- Supply chain management
- Tracking and reporting functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness.
- Crafting negotiation plans and closing deals with optimal terms.
- Remain up to date with the companies supply needs
This is a new role within this FMCG business, we are seeking to appoint a purchasing professional with strong commercial acumen and the ability to communicate effectively with all stakeholders.
Essential experience & attributes required:
- 3-5 years purchasing experience within an FMCG environment.
- Forward thinking, proactive and curious.
- Excellent relationship building skills.
- Strong negotiations skills and previous experience.
- Commercially astute.
- Organised with a high level of attention to detail.
Please contact Ruth Forster at Wagstaff Recruitment for a confidential discussion and to receive a copy of the formal job specification with employer information.