Data and BI Analyst - Tesco Mobile
Close Date: Friday 24th May
Tesco Mobile is the UK’s largest mobile virtual network operator (MVNO) with over 5 million customers. Tesco Mobile is a joint venture between 2 of the UK’s biggest brands and the combination of Tesco’s leading retail estate and O2’s network with 99% UK population coverage provides Tesco Mobile with a unique opportunity.
The Billing, Collections, Risk and Assurance team forms part of the wider Finance Operations & Business Intelligence team. The team is responsible for managing all aspects of credit risk, fraud, customer billing, revenue assurance, reference data, payments and collections.
What do the team do?
Tesco Mobile is the UK’s largest mobile virtual network operator ("MVNO") with over 5 million customers. Tesco Mobile is a joint venture between 2 of the biggest brands in the country and the combination of Tesco’s leading retail estate and O2’s network with 99% UK population coverage provides Tesco Mobile with a unique opportunity.
The Data Analytics & BI Team is an integral part of Tesco Mobile and helps all areas of the business (e.g. Commercial, Finance, Operations, Change, Marketing and Customer Care) to make better decisions by using the Customer Database to providing timely and accurate Analysis and Business Intelligence.
Tesco Mobile is a relatively small organisation so there is an unrivalled opportunity to understand, and get involved in, all areas of the business (e.g. PAYM, PAYG, sign up, in-life, service, retention etc.).
What part will you play in this?
As a Data Analyst you will use the wealth of data that we hold on our customers to provide analysis, dashboards and management information to all areas within Tesco Mobile enabling them to make better decisions and, in turn, serve our customers a little better every day.
You will report to the Data Analytics & BI Manager whilst building a very close relationship with the particular area(s) of Tesco Mobile that you support, understanding their insight needs and creating plans to provide solutions to those needs.
Some of the more specific responsibilities:
- Provide accurate, insightful and timely analysis and BI to the business to help them make better decisions and enable Tesco Mobile to serve its customers a little better every day.
- Build relationships with Tesco Mobile colleagues around the business so that you understand their analytic and BI needs and proactively provide solutions to those needs.
- Being a trusted advisor to selected area(s) of the business, develop business knowledge together and identify new opportunities to deliver analysis.
- Ensure that the selected area(s) are utilising existing BI, e.g. dashboards, and that all BI, reporting and dashboards, are keep up to date and relevant as the business develops.
- Continually looking to improve processes through efficiencies and by applying best practice both to the business areas that you support and across the Analytics & BI team.
- Being an active member of the Data Analytics & BI team, sharing knowledge that could assist others, and helping to develop the skills of others
- Keeping up to date with the latest developments within Tesco Mobile and the wider Telecoms industry so that you can deliver work in a commercial context
What we're looking for:
- Highly numerate with strong analytical skills
- Excellent problem solving skills with a logical approach
- A genuine interest in obtaining insight from large data sets and sharing those insights with the wider business
- Understanding and experience of working with large complex customer relational databases
- Proficient in coding in SQL to extract the insight from the database through writing complex queries using a wide variety of data.
- Excellent interpersonal skills is essential
- Experience / knowledge of data visualisation and dashboard tools e.g. Qlikview Tableau or Microsoft Power BI would be beneficial
- Experience / knowledge of statistical modelling techniques, decision trees, regression, clustering would be an advantage