Purchase Ledger Manager
An opportunity to work for established SME in Medway looking for a Purchase Ledger Manager - Accounting and Finance - Commerce and Industry
You will be responsible for maintaining all invoices and expenses through the Purchase Ledger with accuracy in a timely manner.
- Responsible for monitoring and maintaining the Purchase Ledger to ensure accuracy and integrity of the information.
- Processing invoices using three way match ensuring all pricing and tariff information is up to date and accurate for all suppliers.
- Resolve outstanding invoice queries in a timely manner.
- Setting up Supplier accounts in line with group policy, ensuring customer information is up to date
- Code invoices and obtain invoice approval for non inventory invoices.
- Ensure supplier reconciliation is completed monthly, and any queries are actively investigated with relevant parties and resolved.
- Review open invoices to submit a payment run proposal on a weekly basis in line with weekly cash outflow forecast.
- Review open invoices, aged and debit balances resolving any queries within one month.
- Assist with the preparation of monthly payroll and associated HMRC requirements including P11Ds.
- Check and post all credit card and staff expenses on a monthly basis.
- Supplier payments including remittance advice and filing of bank remittance.
- Track incoming legal claims, responding in line with appropriate time-frames, making senior management aware where relevant.
- Negotiate payment plans with suppliers as agreed.
- Prepare and submit monthly Intrastat returns, investigating any queries that arise.
- Attend weekly Operations call identifying any payment/delivery issues with key suppliers, liaising with relevant Sales/Operations manager when necessary.
- Assisting Operations Manager with tracking property costs.
- Reconcile group cash books for Current accounts on a monthly basis.
- Prepare accruals journal on a monthly basis.
- Reconciliation of Inter-company balances on a monthly basis.
- Manage Finance email box on a daily basis, responding where necessary in a timely and professional manner and then filing as appropriate.
- Provide cover for Sales Ledger Clerk on a rotational basis, including upload and reconciliation of Invoice Finance facility, posting cash receipts and credit control.
- Assist with audits where required.
- Supporting the general activities of the finance department.
- Having experience in processing inter-company transactions.
- IT literate including good knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- You are a team player with experience working in a small accounting team, with a hands on approach.
- Good organisational skills.
- You have great drive and a can do attitude.
- Proactive ability to identify solutions to challenges and then follow these through to conclusion.
- You will have supervisory skills and be a proven leader of a team.
- You have excellent communication skills and the ability to maintain professional relationships with suppliers and internal.
A competitive salary and benefits package
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/86448434