Are you an experienced, confident communicator looking for the next step in your career?
RWH Travel are looking for a Travel Consultant to join our friendly team and become a key part of our success moving forwards.
This is an administrative role for which good attention to detail is essential. The role involves maintaining relationships with airlines and suppliers. Direct contact with clients is required and therefore providing a quality client support and sales service is also needed. You will also be encouraged to work towards individual targets and team goals
Responsibilities will include
- Action requests for ad-hoc seats, domestic add-ons and upgrades for clients and tour leaders.
- Review sales, produce flight manifests and update allocations on Travelink.
- Ensure timely production of travel documents for all clients including land only and be involved with despatch as required.
- Action schedule changes/seat confirmations and assist with production of all-staff memos.
- Handle client communication by telephone, email or letter.
- Support Reservation/Sales duties.
- Promote special offers and upgrades.
- Assist with the production of travel related reports, documentation and statistics for suppliers and airport representatives.
- Liaise with airport reps/leaders as required.
- Assist and support the Crisis Response Team in emergency situations as and when these arise which may involve working out of hours / be part of the team
- Works within the Company's Health and Safety policies and practices.
- Any other duties which may be required from time to time.
Travel | Leisure | Consulting | Consultant | Telephone | Customer Service
- Travel industry experience required
- Good understanding of airline procedures
- Numerate and with good literacy skills
- Good general IT skills
- Good communication and customer service skills
- Positive and friendly telephone manner
- Global Distribution System (GDS) skills
The perfect candidate;
The perfect candidate will be a good "all-rounder", capable of handling a wide range of tasks as well as being client focused. You will have the ability to work under your own initiative or as part of a small team, as well as being multi-disciplined. You will be pro-active, responsible, hardworking and versitile.
The job holder should adopt an approach to their work and colleagues commensurate with the company values. The company values reflect six key areas: "Sharing the Passion", "Getting the Detail Right", "Leading the Way", "Working Together", "Honest and Caring", and "No Compromise on Quality and Value". Further explanation of the values can be found in supplementary documentation.
RWH Travel is the original walking holiday specialist. Our mission is to generate funds for walking charities through the provision of outstanding outdoor activity holidays worldwide, with millions of pounds invested through the Ramblers Holidays Charitable Trust.
Best known for the brands of Ramblers Walking Holidays, Ramblers Cruise & Walk Holidays and Adagio, we provide small group holidays accompanied by expert Leaders to our guest house in the Lake District, around the UK, in Europe and to long haul destinations. We offer over 200 itineraries to 40 countries.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/86088061