Senior Buyer - Manufacturing and Production - Chester
My Client is a Chemical manufacturing and production business based in Chester who are looking for a Senior Buyer to join their experienced team, responsible for a large spend covering the procurement of chemical raw materials. They are a growing and an extremely stable business with a great reputation in their market.
The main responsibilities for this manufacturing and production Chemical Senior Buyer will be;
- To source and manage a portfolio of raw materials that go into a range of different chemical formulations and products as well as sourcing new and alternative raw materials from new and existing suppliers
- Build relationships with key stakeholders throughout the business including communicating with sales and other departments to establish new opportunities in the market
- Maintain and create relationships with suppliers to ensure that efficiency is optimised and resolutions are made from both the suppliers perspective and the company
- Update the MRP system, ensuring that information is correct and develop into a key user
- Support the Purchasing Manager in ad hoc requirements and work loads
The successful candidate for this Senior Buyer role based in Chester will be the following:
- Have experience within purchasing chemicals in a manufacturing business
- Operating within a purchasing role for a minimum of 4 years and currently operating at a similar level.
- Degree qualified, chemical engineering or chemistry preferred
- Strong negotiation and communicating skills
- Willing to work towards MCIPS or be qualified already
- Able to work in a fast paced and high pressured environment
£36,000 - £45,000 + Package