Part Time Finance Assistant
Finance Assistant job, Part time job, finance job, accounts Assistant, Coventry
Your new company
A large membership organisation based in Coventry have an opportunity for an experienced Accounts Assistant to join their team on a part time permanent basis.
Your new role
This is a part time role 25 hours per week. Ideally you will be available to complete these hours over 5 days, however, 4 days will also be considered.
You will be working in a small finance team of 3 people and reporting directly into the Finance Manager.
- Maintain debtors ledger.
- Monitor customers' invitations to renew, obtain and chase up customer purchase orders where required.
- Ensure all sales invoices are processed promptly
- Process sales credit notes and customer payments received.
- Chase up due customer payments and pursue overdue payments in a structured and firm but professional manner.
- Update daily cash bulletin daily.
- Help out with non-sales-related transactions as required e.g. purchase ledger invoices and payments, staff expenses etc.
- Work closely with fellow finance assistant and with other departments to ensure prescribed procedures and controls are adhered to, enabling deadlines to be met.
- Assist the FM in the timely and accurate production of monthly management accounts, including bank reconciliations, journal postings etc.
- Work with the FM to ensure that KPIs and other information and analysis provided to management is credible, useful and properly presented.
- Assist on payroll-related matters when appropriate.
- Help with preparation of information for the annual audit.
What you'll need to succeed
Previous experience within Sales Ledger and Purchase Ledger
Excellent communication skills
Working knowledge of Microsoft Navision would be desirable
Previous payroll experience would be beneficial
Good all round accounts experience
Previous experience assisting with monthly management accounts
What you'll get in return
Part-time role: 25 hours per week (flexible hours by agreement) Competitive annual salary £20,000 p.a. (pro-rata to £28,000 full-time) 25 days - ([pro-rata to 5 weeks full-time] + extra Xmas 3 days), + all bank holidays 4% contributory pension (auto-enrolment) Personal Private Health cover
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.