Senior Systems Engineer
Role: Senior Systems Engineer
Organisation: Coventry University
Workinghours: Office hours & On-call rota (1 week in every 4)
Coventry University's transformation into one of the world's leading educational establishments is being matched by an ambitious IT Transformation. This Transformation will deliver technology with a global reach that supports the growing needs of students, staff and stakeholders. Process automation, distance learning, developments in digital and student care will see new IT capabilities support the contemporary needs of our staff and students. To deliver this transformation the University needs people with real passion, the ability to think innovatively and with an energy that will create change at pace and push boundaries to create better futures.
Our approach to education is leading edge and is proven with our multitude of awards and prominent position in the league tables; where we have once again retained the title of top modern university from The Guardian in its' University Guide 2019 (for the 7th year in a row!). We are an agile and dynamic establishment, where taking risks and seizing opportunities are well rewarded.
As a Senior Systems Engineer you'll develop, support and manage the systems products and services ensuring day to day operations for efficient, secure and performance optimal services.
- Maintain the configuration data, capacity planning, service availability and continuity.
- Adhere to service levels and all operational processes (such as incident, problem, change management processes) pertaining to systems services.
- Participate in continuous improvement analysis and design, as well as the development of systems-based solutions.
- Performs security risk, vulnerability assessments, and business impact analysis for server & storage systems.
- Provide advice and guidance on the application and operation of elementary physical, procedural and technical security controls
- Deputise for the systems manager.
- Educated to degree level in a relevant discipline with a professional qualification or substantial experience in related field in lieu of the above.
- Supplier management; ability to work with external suppliers, developing
beneficial relationships and holding accountability to SLA's
- Clear understanding of Cloud (Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services)
- Systems applications (authentication, email etc.) operational management.
- Requirement to work on call in order to facilitate the 24*7 support. (Rota requires on call working 1 week in every 4)
- Strong understanding of digital technologies and familiar with integrating
- Displays a great work ethic with a flexible problem-solving attitude.
As one of Coventry's biggest employers, we offer some impressive benefits including an excellent pension scheme and generous holiday allowances. As a member of staff you can see the benefits from a huge range of products and services, including supermarket shopping, restaurants and visitor attractions. We also offer childcare vouchers, discounted rates on healthcare plans and advice on healthy living.