Technical Specialist - Windows
About The Role:
We are seeking a Windows Server Technical Specialist to provide an expert level of technical knowledge, taking ownership of complex production incidents, collaborating with other technical teams to troubleshoot and ensure a complete resolution. You will be expected to run small projects to resolve ITIL-defined service problems, allocating tasks to colleagues and ensuring completion of work to agreed quality criteria and timescales. Continually assessing ways of working in order to develop or revise artefacts and processes that improve team efficiency and effectiveness. Being a role model within the team providing mentoring and coaching to peers and junior team members.
We are expecting demonstrable broad expertise in your technical discipline with considerable depth in chosen specialist areas. Experience of working in a complex, pressurised production environment is key. Financial services experience would be desirable as would experience of using the Microsoft Office products to create and manage documentation.
Role related knowledge:
· Windows Server ()
· Microsoft Exchange Server (2010-onwards)
· Active Directory, Group policy, DNS, DHCP, DFS, ADFS
· Server/ Blade / Cluster Technology Experience
· Excellent troubleshooting skills
· Experience with Windows based applications
· TCP/IP,FTP, HTTP(s), SMTP, SSH, Telnet, TLS/SSL, SNMP
· Experience of working within an ITIL environment
· Antivirus suites
· PowerShell experience, with good scripting skills
· Office365 / Exchange Online
· Citrix Experience
· Cisco UCS Experience
· Exposure to VMware Esxi and Vcentre.
· Amazon AWS experience
· Exposure to SAN technology
· Certificate Services.
· SQL Server Database (2005, 2008, 2012) installation & management.
· SCCM(2007, 2012)
· Experience with Backup software
Other essential information:
· Available for out-of-hours support, on a rota basis.
· Able to work under pressure.
· Thorough, with a good attention to detail.
· Deliver to agreed timescales.
· Flexible approach to working hours to meet own objectives and assist colleagues in meeting their objectives.
About The Company:
IT at the Coventry is changing; we are currently undertaking an exciting transformation project that will shape the future of the organisation. As we progress on our journey we are seeking talented individuals who are passionate about delivering an outstanding experience for both members and colleagues in an environment where you will have the opportunity to be part of the future success of the organisation and work in an environment where personal and professional development is taken seriously.