Hardware Engineering Manager
Hardware Engineering Manager
Hook RG27 9HX
£60k - £65k p/a + Health cash back scheme after 3-month probationary period + 23 days holiday + Bank Holidays
Our client is a global contract electronics manufacturer who serves world-class customers in high-reliability industries.
They are now recruiting for a Hardware Engineering Manager who will be Responsible for specifying and designing of customer electronics hardware from concept, specification and testing, through development to mass production according to agreed project timescales and costs.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES & KEY TASKS:
- Work with customers to specify and agree electronics design deliverables.
- Work on technology solutions in conjunction with customer
- Understand product requirements in terms of cost, design and timescales and create plans to achieve these objectives.
- Understand the detailed product proposition and drive architecture to support
- Attend customer project meetings to report on progress as required
- Produce HW design specification for formal customer review
- Creation of formal work plans as part of the overall project plan.
- Ensuring that electronics hardware deliverables meet overall project milestones.
- Provide budgetary design costs and track throughout the project
- Raise exception to the R&D Director when encountering deviations to agreed schedules or costs
- Liaise with mechanical and industrial designers to ensure integration compliance
- Create electronics schematics using internal SW to create required product functionality.
- Responsible for PCB layouts and electronic component selection.
- Responsible for firmware creation, integration and testing against product spec
- Liaising with global suppliers, sub-contractors, hardware, software and manufacturing engineering teams to introduce and integrate new technology.
- Responsible for electronics prototype manufacture in accordance with the hardware plan
- Work closely with the mechanical engineering team to achieve required radiated RF and EMC performance.
- Assuring the product meets internal and agreed product regulatory standards. Eg:. CE/FCC/PTCRB/GCF/FDA/UL
- Coordinating product submission to relevant approval bodies
A good degree or equivalent in electronics engineering or computer science
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Use of schematic layout SW
- Use of PCB layout software
- Use of electronics simulation for thermal and EMC characterisation
- IEEE embedded design
- Electronics circuit design, integration and test within a project environment
- Experience with audio codecs and video codecs (MPEG4, H264)
- Camera technology within mobile phone environment
- Baseband technology within mobile phone environment:
- 3G technology
- DVB H experience
- USB expertise
If you would like to be considered for this Hardware Engineering Manager job, please click ‘Apply’ You will receive an email shortly after your online application which you will need to read.
You must be eligible to work in the UK.