We are currently seeking a Test Engineer to join a global organisation to be based in Wrexham on a permanent basis. Our client has a vast amount of experience in the industry and offers a wide range of products, services and technologies. They are looking for a Test Engineer to join the company's Process & Development Engineering Team
Key roles and responsibilities will include:
- Support the team by testing materials and complete cables utilising the laboratory equipment and facilities, reporting results to the various person who requested the tests.
- Manage both internal and external Lab Calibration including the calibration database, schedule and procedures.
- Manage the accelerated long duration water ageing test programme using both the 50Hz and 500Hz test facilities, including samples, risk management and electrical ramp breakdown testing.
- Carry out testing on new materials being investigated and new products being developed.
- Support quality by carrying out regular sample testing for conductor resistance, materials, volume resistivity, compatibility, shrinkage and dimensions.
- Sample contract testing for HV projects including preparation of cable insulation slices, optical examination using optical microscopes and imaging software.
- Undertake full electrical and material type approval testing for cable products including managing witnessing engineers and completing type approval test reports.
- Manage laboratory safety procedures for all activities within the lab.
- Fingerprinting of new CCV materials as necessary and benchmarking against current ones.
- Support the customer product quality complaint investigations by carrying out any necessary testing.
Key experience and qualifications required for this role:
- Educated to degree level in an engineering discipline.
- Practical experience in materials and electrical testing.
- Good computer skills and familiar with MS Office and MS Access.
- Good manual and practical skills with high safety awareness.
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication skills.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK without visa restrictions.
For more information or to apply, please contact Charlie Knight on 02392 603030 and quote 16010. Alternatively, you can apply by clicking the 'Apply' option and following the instructions.