SEND Teaching Assistant
Empowering Learning work closely with a number of Special Schools in Newport. These schools are looking for several learning support assistants to work with ASD, SEBD, SEMH & ADHD
These schools are looking for someone who can work closely with a specific pupil as well as group exercises. You must have previous experience in a similar role and be available on a full-time basis, immediately.
- Minimum 6 months experience as a mentor or similar role.
- Persistent, calm and assertive personality.
- Cool under pressure and able to deal with de-escalating situations
- Teach Teach Trained (We can provide training if required)
- A passion for helping young adults progress with their education.
- Patience and the ability to be calm under pressure.
- basic understanding of child development and learning processes.
- A dedicated consultant specialising in the SEN sector who has a wealth of experience working closely with various special schools across Wales. We are committed to finding you the right role and setting and will continue to support you during your assignment.
- Competitive rates of pay, depending on experience
- A fast clearance process, most of which can be accessed online
Empowering Learning Ltd is a committed Equal Opportunities Employer and therefore will not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, ethnicity, disability or sexual orientation. Please note that successful applicants will be asked to apply for an enhanced DBS check via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
If you are looking for a rewarding role in SEND Teaching and want to make a difference, we want to hear from you! Please submit your CV today or you can contact Jay Amruth on or via email