We are part of Capita plc, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions. With 75,000 staff across the UK, Europe, South Africa and India this is an exciting prospect for anyone looking to join Capita as it opens many doors in terms of progression opportunities in a range of sector
The trusted outsourcing partner for the UK's biggest brands. With contact centres based right across the UK and a mature offshore delivery model that spans South Africa, Poland and India, we offer pay-as-you-go flexibility alongside a robust track record of delivery. We've been a big player in the Customer Contact marketplace for a long time, so we're trusted by major brands with a reputation for great customer relations - including John Lewis, National Trust, O2, Debenhams and Tesco Mobile.
A highly visable opportunity has arisen for a Finance Manager. This idividual will work within our Customer Management team based in Dearne Valley, Rotherham.
To provide financial support at a tactical level to contract Operations and Support teams. By doing this, the Finance Manager will aim to maximise lifetime contract profitability whilst acting in accordance with all relevant accounting standards, Group policies, and UK law.
Accountabilities & Activities:
- Produce accurate, timely, financial forecasts (P&L, balance sheet, cash flow) for one or more contracts (subject to size and complexity)
- Produce budgets for one or more contracts in line with Divisional timelines
- Conduct first line review of work conducted by the Finance Shared Service Centre on behalf of their contract(s)
- Ensure that contract financial statements are prepared in accordance with all extant accounting standards & Group accounting policies
- Implement internal controls within contracts to minimise the risk of fraud
- Liaise on a daily / weekly basis as necessary with department leads within a contract to review performance
- Analyse operational performance against bid and budget metrics to highlight areas of potential improvement
- Provide suggestions and support to the contract management team to improve financial performance
- Calculate accurate billing summaries to present both internally and to the client
- Subject to contract size and complexity, provide contract billing and performance summaries to the Head of Finance for presentation to the client (in line with contractual requirements), or present to the client in person
- Provide data as requested by Capita's auditors to support half year and full year audits
- Continually seek to improve the efficiency, accuracy, and effectiveness of the Finance function by identifying areas of improvement, sharing best practice, and adopting the ideas of others
- Must be a fully qualified member of an accountancy body recognised by the Consultative Committee of Accountancy Bodies (CCAB)
- Must have experience of using SAP or similar ERP package
- Must have experience of using financial forecasting tools such as Axiom, BPC, Hyperion
- Ability to manipulate data in Microsoft Excel using formulae and functions such as pivot tables
- Would ideally have previous experience of working in an outsourcing environment or within a Finance function supporting large insourced contact centres
The ability to identify risks and opportunities within an financial forecast, and to articulate the actions required to deliver opportunities and mitigate risks.
The Finance Manager (FM) will be responsible for organising the delivery of key input data to produce financial forecasts. It is an essential that the FM is able to interpret this data, sense check it, and be able to challenge those responsible for the inputs. The challenges will be based upon arithmetic and common sense. This is particularly when dealing with Capacity Plans.
Judgement Skills:FMs working on more complex contracts will be expected to utilise project accounting techniques to identify risks and opportunities within contractually deliverable client facing Transition and Transformation programmes OUR VALUES
- Capita's values are at the heart of our business. We believe that our colleagues should be Open, Ingenious, Collaborative and Effective; honest, straight-talking people who are highly intelligent and creative, who work brilliantly as part of a team or leading a team, and who never accept mediocrity. We're looking for people that personify Capita's values, who get involved in different things, deliver what they promise, take responsibility, embrace diversity, and respect their colleagues. In return we can offer you a comptetive salary and benefits package to match combined with excellent caree progression
Capita Resourcing operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of gender identity or gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.