English teacher required to join a large secondary school that is located in Orrell, Wigan from September 2019;
- Full-time English teaching role - open gap within the schools department
- September 2019 start date - employment being offered on a 12 month temporary basis initially
- Temporary role in the first instance with a view to permanent employment
- Competitive pay in line with MPS/UPS standards (£23,720 - £39,406)
Due to the nature of this role the Deputy Headteacher in charge of recruitment now wishes to meet with English teachers that are available from September 2019 as a matter of urgency.
** Newly Qualified Teachers (NQT's) are urged to apply for this role as well as experienced teachers of English. **
This English teaching role has recently become available due to the planned retirement of a member of staff within the department. The incoming teacher can expect to join a supportive English department that are committed to bettering outcomes of their pupils.
The following traits have been outlined as desirable;
- Must be able to deliver engaging lessons on a regular basis
- Will have a track record of 'Good' and 'Outstanding' teaching practice.
- Will involve themselves in extra curricular activities and go the extra mile for their pupils.
This secondary school is larger then the average school in the area and currently caters 950 pupils. The majority of students that attend our client school come from a white British background.
Located on the outskirts of Wigan town centre this school is easily accessible from the surrounding areas of Ashton-in-Makerfield, Golborne and Tyldesley via the M6 motorway. There are also direct transport links from Wigan town centre.
The Deputy Headteacher teacher wishes to meet interested teachers at the earliest convenience. Therefore, for immediate consideration, please send a full CV to Zack via the link below or for further information please contact the Manchester West Secondary Branch.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.