1st Line Support Executive
An exciting opportunity has become available working for this prestigious organisation located in Basingstoke.
The position may be suitable for an individual seeking their first opportunity within an IT help desk environment or for a candidate who can already demonstrate 1st line support exposure but is now seeking a role in which they can develop further within this field.
The ideal candidate will be out going and confident and will thrive working within a busy, ever changing environment. Working within a team of four, you will be responsible for assisting customers with queries regarding IT services.
- First point of contact for our internal staff for IT enquiries. Providing effective and friendly customer service to internal staff, throughout their support journey with IT.
- To log and manage incidents and requests, performing first time fix resolution or triage & escalate the calls to the relevant resolving team/s.
- Support the Major (high severity) Incident process.
- Assisting with administration duties, including maintaining the accuracy and integrity of configuration items.
- Configuration of new and existing hardware, as well as repairing serviceable equipment.
- Assist the IT Project & Network Supervisor working off site throughout the UK occasionally.
- Ability to work on your own initiative, organise your own workload and prioritise effectively, as well as working as part of a team.
- Ensure overall performance & targets are met and reporting any issues to your Manager
Knowledge and skills:
- Excellent customer service skills, with the ability to work under pressure and deal with customers and colleagues in a professional manner
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal are essential
- Flexibility/ adaptability to cope with change
- Good keyboard skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products, with ability to understand new technology
- Deal with customer complaints
- Previous experience working within 1st Line IT Support
- Good working knowledge of WindowsXP/7/10
- Strong understanding of MS Office applications
- Strong problem solving skills
If you do not hear from a consultant within two weeks of submitting your details, then unfortunately on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful.