- Permanent staff position
- £18,000 per annum (rising after 12 months' service)
A fantastic opportunity has become available for a junior purchasing professional to join a leading north east manufacturing company in the role of Purchasing Assistant.
Based from their state of the art production facility in Washington, you will primarily be tasked providing all-round support to the company's purchasing department.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinate relationships with suppliers, setting up accounts with new companies and managing supplier requirements
- Controlling pricing of all indirect services & materials
- Assisting in supplier negotiation
- Raising purchase orders
- Contribute to cost reduction activity
- Administrative support
Required Skills & Experience
- Previous experience in a purchasing/logistics administration role is essential to ensure you can hit the ground running
- Either a CIPS member or willing to work towards the qualification
- Ability to prioritise workloads
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative.
- Capable of relationship building
- IT literate
This is a great opportunity to continue your professional development by working with an experienced team of procurement professionals who will help you to learn and progress.
For further details, please apply with an up to date CV.