TimePlan Education are currently recruiting Teaching Assistants for day to day, short & long term to work in Primary Schools in Lambeth and surrounding areas.
The length of the booking can range from one day to one-year contracts.
- The rate of pay would range from £65 - £80 a day.
The roles and duties for this role is:
- Setting up equipment and helping to prepare the classroom for lessons, tidying up afterwards and helping with displays
- Providing support to children who need additional help with their work.
- Helping pupils develop independent learning skills, manage their own learning and prioritise their time
- Providing one-to-one and small group support to children who need it
- Listening to children read
- Helping the teacher with their marking and record-keeping
- Looking after children's pastoral needs, including dealing with playground accidents and caring for children who are upset
- Helping with school trips, events and outings
Skills and experience you'll need
- An ability to build good working relationships with both pupils and adults
- Good organisational skills
- Flexibility and creativity
- Enjoy working with children
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
- Ability to manage groups of pupils and deal with challenging behaviour
You must meet the following criteria:
- Be eligible to work in the UK
- Be a qualified teacher in the UK, or equivalent
- Be familiar with the UK curriculum
Successful applicants must have the following:
- DBS on the Update Service or willing to undertake one
- Two satisfactory references
If you are interested in supply teaching in Lambeth, please submit your details and I will be in touch.