Teaching Assistant Vacancy - SEMH Support (KS3/4)
Veritas Education Recruitment are working in partnership with an 11-16 High School in Blackpool who are seeking to appoint a Teaching Assistant for an upcoming position. Starting in September 2019 on a full-time basis, the SENCO is hoping to appoint someone who is enthusiastic, passionate, eager, hard-working and dedicated. Shortlisting will take place in the coming weeks and the post is due to commence from September 2019.
This partner school is a mixed 11-16 Secondary School with academy status. In its recent Ofsted report it is highlighted for its rapidly improving exam success, strong leadership and a hugely positive impact of the Academy Trust. It has inspirational Leadership and provides a wide and balanced curriculum. The school has a dedicated student support centre that caters for pupils with SEND and aims to provide high quality learning experiences for all students.
The successful applicant must be able to demonstrate a strong work ethic and have a flexible approach to the work they undertake…
Duties will include:
- Supporting the delivery of work (KS2-4)
- Reinforcing learning and behaviour policies
- Encouraging the students to partake in classroom activities
- Supporting the students socially to help with integration into school life
To be considered for the role you should be:
- Experienced/willing to undergo training
- Hold a Level 2 qualification/equivalent (or higher)
- Confident around children
- Friendly and approachable
- Open, honest and non-judgmental
- Team player
- Sensitive to the children's and family's needs
For further information or to apply for the position please give me a call on 01772 846610 or e-mail me (details below) - I hope to hear from you soon.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, be able to provide a full career history with up to date references and have or be willing to apply for an enhanced DBS Certificate.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/86399239