Mechanical Engine Systems Engineer
Mechanical Engine Systems Engineer - Peterborough - up to £35 per hour (limited or umbrella company contract basis).
The Mechanical Systems team, have a vacancy for an engineer to support the validation of new and updated diesel engines for industrial applications. The role is within the Peterborough Engineering & Technology centre where you will work alongside a range of system and validation specialists, with support and collaboration from engineers across facilities in US, China, India and Japan.
Key Responsibilities of the Mechanical Systems Engineer
- Lead the creation of Engine System FMEA's, supporting risk identification, providing technical guidance on system integration and facilitating the creation of system & component validation plans
- Analysis of in field machine & engine data to develop technical objectives, identify system level risks and test cycles
- Work with component teams, test engineers, and product engineering managers, to drive decision making from engine data reviews and end of test inspections
- Collaborate with the Design Architect & the Performance Architect in order to investigate system level trade-offs including performance, packaging & durability. They will utilise a combination of engineering hand calculations, simulation results and test data
- Lead the development of and implementation of Systems integration processes
- Lead machine integration application risk assessments, working collaboratively with internal & 3rd party machine groups
- Liaise with application leads & customers to negotiate in field validation opportunities
- Take results from DVP & translate into product capability statements, application sign-off requirements
Qualifications and experience required of the Mechanical Systems Engineer
- A Systems Engineering approach to product development
- Ability to analyse complex data with experience of engines or engine applications
- Demonstrated experience of Engine Design, Development or Simulation
- Demonstrated experience of planning validation and test requirements
- Experience of DFMEA facilitation and creation
- Good communication skills, both written instructions and working as part of a team
- Engineering degree qualified
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
To apply, please send a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Candidates must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted immediately.