Service Engineer - Arcade
Package: Competitive basic + Bonus + Company Car + Pension
Title: Multi-Site Service Engineer (Operations)
Reporting To: Operations Service Support Manager
Location: M4 corridor (flexibility required to cover other locations during high season)
Responsible for the installation, maintenance, servicing and removal of equipment across the South West UK region when required. To deal with minor malfunctions as well as major ones and prepare equipment for our customers and to provide customer satisfaction through hard work and dedication.
• Provide a professional and efficient repair and maintenance service to a full range of coin operated amusements in a safe, professional and cost efficient manner.
• Visit selected outlets to maintain and service Company equipment according to specification, to a high standard and on time whilst providing an outstanding level of customer service at all times.
• Carry out mechanical and basic diagnostic circuitry work
• Carry out the installation and removal of Company equipment as required by using meters, electrical parts, hand tools and soldering irons.
• Efficiently interpret user manuals and wiring diagrams to keep machines in proper order and carry out various diagnostic tests including the identification of common problems with components like controls and audio systems and order replacement parts.
• Refill and merchandise selected machines as required
• Generating sales leads and maximise income opportunities during service call
• Ensure that prices of play or alterations of machines which could be deemed to be illegal are never undertaken.
• Always maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times, consistent with client and company expectations, and in doing so help to promote the image of the Company
• Ensure the completion of all required documentation is completed in full and in the timely manner required and in accordance with any guidelines or schedules issued (including expenses claims etc)
• Ensure that the Company vehicle entrusted to you is kept clean and serviced in accordance with the company requirements
• Maintain a daily accurate vehicle petrol/maintenance record
• If you are given direct responsibility for cash or stock it is your duty to be able to reconcile and handle it in a safe and secure manner, completing all relevant paperwork at the correct time and to the required standard
• Ensure the Company policies, guidelines and standards or work are always understood and adhered to
• To communicate regularly with Area Manager and to work to the rota as laid down by the Area Manager on a monthly basis.
• To deal with customer’s technical or mechanical queries.
• To provide regular maintenance and service cover where directed and to ensure that all machines and sites within area of responsibility are maintained to the highest standard, both technically and in appearance.
• Ensure that you maintain an adequate tool kit to enable you to complete your duties to a high standard of professionalism.
• Observe and adhere to company Health & Safety requirements and contribute to a healthy and safe working environment.
• Ensure ALL company equipment is kept secure at all times
• Attend ongoing training events sponsored by the Company to stay up to date on the latest technology and maintenance options.
• Attendance at all corporate events
Health and Safety
• You must co-operate with management in discharging its responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and take reasonable health and safety precautions for yourself and others and ensure the agreed safety procedures are carried out to maintain a safe environment for employees and visitors.
• The Company aims to promote equal opportunities. You must ensure that you treat members of staff, clients and visitors with dignity and respect at all times and report any breaches that you witness to the appropriate manager.
Code of Conduct
• You are required to work in accordance with the code of conduct for your professional body.
The above list is not exhaustive but aims to provide a broad range of duties and key responsibilities of the post.