The Project Planner will typically provide support to more senior members within the project planning team whilst maintaining their own project plans under supervision. Work will be routine in nature but Project Planners will be required to understand planning techniques, templates, tools and procedures.
Although this is an entry level position, a fast learning curve and near term requirements to take on a more senior role with larger and higher visibility projects is expected as part of the overall Project Office resourcing plan.
Key Responsibility Areas:
- Maintain the accuracy of project plans, ensuring they reflect the project objectives, are updated in a timely manner and are communicated to all IPT members.
- Ensure plans are integrated into overall project requirement, with dependencies to other functions identified through scenario planning.
- Work for and as part of the IPT to interrogate and identify cost and schedule variance.
- Prepare and analyse data (earned value, critical path) required to influence programme decision making.
- Contribute to the preparation, management and review of bids, and communicate to the relevant internal stakeholders in order to support the defined requirements.
- Creating and maintaining detailed project plans in a professional scheduling tool.
- Assist with the maintenance of the risk and opportunities register.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required:
- Ability to influence internal stakeholders, using data and analysis to support reasoning
- Good computer literacy, including all Microsoft Office applications and Microsoft Project.
- Proficient in use of SAP Tool. Training in the use of planning and project management aspects will be provided.
- Awareness of other functions/function roles.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team, with evidence of strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Awareness of company processes and procedures.
- Understanding of the principles and practice of Life Cycle Management (Product, Business Winning and Project Lifecycles).
- General product and manufacturing process knowledge will also be an advantage.
This vacancy is being advertised by Advanced Resource Managers. ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions.
Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/86372188