Product Manager - Mobile
The Product Manager role is responsible for the product planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle, including: gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with sales, marketing and support to ensure profitability and customer satisfaction goals are met. The Product Manager's job also includes ensuring that the product supports the company's overall strategy and goals.
- Define the required product depth and range by vendor.
- Introduce new products and samples to the sales team.
- Build promotional activity, and messaging, to ensure correct product focus within sales.
- Be an expert with respect to the competition and market pricing.
- Liaise with Marketing about the core positioning and messaging for products.
- Facilitate monthly sales forecasts to key vendors.
- Develop and maintain sales tools and collateral, briefing the sales force as required.
- Raise, get approved and send purchase orders to suppliers.
- Maintain and update accurate due dates for delivery of products, so that warehouse and sales teams can plan their workload and manage customers' expectations.
- Resolve queries or discrepancies on deliveries that arrive at the warehouse. This will involve telephone conversations between all relevant parties, raising a new part numbers on the system, raising a new/amending purchase order etc.
- Resolve all supplier invoice queries.
- Create and maintain internal part numbers for new products / product / price changes as required.
- Amend product prices using all Price Protection Rules/procedures.
- Raise 2nd Tier PP claims for our customers.
- Update the price lists accessed by Sales each month on the relevant system whilst ensuring updated information is obtained from suppliers.
- Negotiate deals with suppliers for add back and maintain records of all add back deals which are consolidated weekly and sent to Finance.
- Complete weekly stock reports for suppliers using relevant formats and procedures.
- Produce weekly report on aged stock for Product Specialists and Managers.
- Produce weekly/monthly reports on rebate targets/actuals for Product Specialists and Managers.
- Complete ad-hoc job-related tasks as directed by a member of the Micro Peripherals Ltd management team.
- Manage supplier relationships.
- Demonstrate a strong awareness of and commitment to Ethics and Compliance and the DCC Group Code of Conduct.
- Aged stock
- Stock holding
- Stock turns
- Daily fill rate
- Add back
- Our people
- Our customers
- All internal departments
- Nominated business partners/suppliers
- Minimum 1 years' experience of working in a Purchasing Department or an administrative role involving high levels of numeracy
- 3 years' experience of working within distribution or vendor responsible for Channel preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Sales and marketing skills with an understanding of call centre management, policies and procedures
- Excellent customer service and handling skills
- Commercial awareness
- Product knowledge
- Planning and organisation
- Flexibility, adaptability and initiative
- Confidence and determination
- Performance maximisation
- Presentation skills, both internally and to our customers
- Good administrative skills
- Highly numerate/literate
- IT skills consisting of Microsoft Word and Excel
- General secondary education
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/86365832