Executive Assistant to Editor in Chief
Specifications: Full Time
Application Closing Date: Thursday 16th May at Midnight GMT
This role is an exciting opportunity to use your experience as an Executive Assistant to make a difference in the field of health care research.
The Executive Assistant will provide an efficient and responsive administrative, organisational, and logistical service to the Editor in Chief (EiC) and the leadership team of the Editorial and Methods Department (EMD) when relevant, helping them to manage and prioritise their time and to support the strategic aims and operational activities of the department.
We are looking for a self-motivated and highly organised individual who is able to work effectively and collaboratively with a diverse range of contacts across the world. The successful candidate will also have:
- Previous EA/PA/Secretarial experience at a senior level.
- Excellent typing skills - speed and accuracy essential.
- Intermediate IT skills, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to communicate confidently with people at all levels.
- Ability to prioritise and manage own workload amid conflicting demands and busy work periods.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, coupled with a sensitivity to different cultural backgrounds and how/when to adapt communications accordingly.
- Experience in working and communicating with people from varied cultural/geographic backgrounds.
- Proven ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Ability to exercise discretion and diplomacy in dealing with confidential or sensitive matters.
Cochrane is a global, independent network of health practitioners, researchers, patient advocates and others, responding to the challenge of making vast amounts of research evidence useful for informing decisions about health. We do this by synthesizing research findings to produce the best available evidence on what can work, what might harm and where more research is needed. Our work is recognised as the international gold standard for high quality, trusted information.
If you would like to apply for this position, please send a CV along with a supporting statement with "Executive Assistant to Editor in Chief" in the subject line. The supporting statement should indicate why you are applying for the post, and how far you meet the requirements for the post outlined in the job description using specific examples. List your experience, achievements, knowledge, personal qualities, and skills which you feel are relevant to the post.
Deadline for applications: Thursday 16th May at Midnight GMT
Interviews to be held on: TBD