1st and 2nd Line IT Support Engineer
Are you an ambitious IT Support Engineer looking to develop your skills within a friendly team whose reputation is built on commitment to client satisfaction?
Are you a recent graduate seeking a career with a company that is forward thinking and which has interesting and challenging projects in a diverse range of companies?
Do you want to help this company expand further and to be part of an organisation you can be proud of?
Do you want to be a member of a company where the door never shuts?
Would you like to work in a company where your enthusiasm, positive attitude and flexibility are valued in addition to your technical skills?
We believe that the relationships we have with our clients are as important as those we build with their computer systems and plan further expansion based on these principles.
Main purpose of role:
Our clients and their businesses are always our top priority and we expect our engineers to keep this in mind and to be prepared to undertake any reasonable task to keep our clients well-informed and their computer systems running smoothly. Tasks will include responding promptly to calls for assistance and providing support in an appropriate manner.
Due to the varying nature of computer systems, day to day activities are diverse and will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Providing technical support to a broad range of clients by telephone, email, remote desktop control or site visit - sometimes outside 'normal’ working hours.
- Installing and configuring a wide range of hardware including servers, computers and peripherals together with operating systems and third party software.
- Investigating, diagnosing and resolving problems associated with networks, servers, computers, firewalls, peripherals and software.
- Testing work upon completion.
- Advising on potential improvements to computer systems and security including internet and data backup, operating systems and upgrades, third party software
- Proactively reviewing and monitoring computer systems and performing upgrades.
- Ensuring client satisfaction remains the top priority.
- Keeping accurate records.
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to translate technical jargon into 'plain English’
- Ability and desire to learn quickly
- Proactive approach to supporting our clients
- Flexibility regarding all aspects of the job
- Ability to prioritise tasks
- Ideally a working knowledge of Microsoft operating systems, Linux and MacOS
- Commitment to delivering excellent customer service
- Desire to share knowledge within a team environment
About the company
Fourth Generation Computer Services is a member of a group of companies originally established in 1980. The company has successfully completed work for a broad range of clients ranging from start-up companies to £multi-billion organisations, a number of whom view our company as their IT department.
1st and 2nd Line IT Support Engineer
We have a requirement for three IT Support Engineers to join our team in providing a wide range of IT services.
These positions are open to recent graduates.
The ideal candidate should be personable and possess the following qualities:
- Good educational qualifications
- Enthusiastic / eager to learn
- Strong communications skills (verbal and written)
- High level of professionalism
- Working knowledge of major Operating Systems
- Ability to troubleshoot / research problems
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to see a job through to the end / achieve a good conclusion and client satisfaction
- Own means of transport
- Hosted Platform and Virtualisation experience
- Website / Domain Hosting knowledge
- Database experience (My SQL / MS SQL / MS Access)
- Computer programming experience