CER are looking to recruit for teaching assistants in the local Newcastle Upon-Tyne area/North Tyneisde. This candidate will have had to have prior experience working as a Teaching Assistant in a secondary mainstream setting. The role will specifically entail working with small groups of students ages 11-18 and one to one. These students are challenging behaviourally with social emotional and mental health issues. Depending on the class, a successful candidate may also be asked to work with children who have moderate to severe learning difficulties (MLD/SLD ). You will be working to help the children hit their personal progress plan as a teaching assistant.
This rewarding and challenging role will require you to work alongside a specialised professional team who are keen on the children's personal development, who will give the upmost support in the classroom. We offer flexible working days of working, full and part time. We also offer short and long term roles.
In this role as a teaching assistant you will be supporting the children with work set by the teacher. Looking for a TA/Teaching Assistant who will be able to encourage your pupils to be;
- more confident,
- more independent
- And most importantly to implement positive behaviour within the class room.
Some of the many benefits that are available to you whilst working with CER as a Teaching Assistant
- Regular communication with a dedicated consultant.
- Social events where you have the opportunity to meet other teachers in your area who also work with CER
- Optional CPD training for personal development.
- £250 Recommend a Friend scheme. If you register a friend with us and they work 20 days or more you will earn £250 as a bonus.