Job Title: AV/IT Support Technician
Salary: circa £19,000 depending upon experience
Location: Wellingborough, Northamptonshire
No experience in AV required! I am looking for somebody who is IT savvy, can communicate well in front of customers and enjoys problem solving from a technical perspective.
My client works within events and exhibition industry and supply interactive stands for customers across the world. This role as AV Support Technician is part of a small team which manages the physical hardware used to achieve the engagement experiences and would therefore take responsibility for all Audio Visual and IT peripherals used by their customers at exhibitions.
- Managing the hardware, whether this is the customer’s own, inhouse stock or hired equipment.
- Keeping on top of any potential issues including broken equipment, checking for damaged goods and some aspects of stock management
- Testing the equipment at Head Office prior to events
- Setting up equipment at destinations throughout the UK and sometimes overseas.
- Loading and unloading equipment - need to be able to comfortably lift heavy equipment when required.
- This role requires previous working experience in either AV or an IT function as you will be the technical contact for customers at events
- You will need excellent communication skills as customer interaction will be part of this role
- Extremely organised and able to manage your own time effectively to ensure the job gets done is essential - even under pressure!
- Flexibility is also extremely important, to respond to peaks within the exhibition and events industry.
- Full driving licence (ESSENTIAL)
- Comfortable driving either transit vans of long wheel base vans - experience in this would be great also
During their busier periods you will be expected to help support their onsite crews, installing and fault finding. This will include, but not limited to, the setting up of wired and wireless network structures, calibrating analytical sensors, setting up of iPads and laptops to auto-run where possible, within GDPR guidelines.
In return they are offering a basic starting salary of circa £19,000 and benefits including: Pension with employer contribution pension, Health Care scheme and Death in Service.