Kenny Recruitment are currently recruiting on behalf of a global asset management company in Central London. We are seeking an experienced Accounts Assistant to join their finance team on a temporary to permanent basis and manage the accounts payable ledger alongside one other Accounts Assistant. You will also need to assist with accounts receivable and other accounting tasks when required.
The role requires an individual with experience of dealing with high value sums of money and multi currencies across several bank accounts. It is essential you have experience of the accounts payable process from start to finish as you will manage your own ledger.
Pay - £25,000 - £30,000 per annum (dependent on experience) + benefits with excellent pension scheme
Location - Central London
Working hours - 8.30am - 5.30pm
- Ensure all invoices received are approved.
- Code and process all purchase invoices by nominal code and department.
- Logging, investigating and resolving any disputed invoices.
- Check supplier statements to ensure invoices have been received, chase any missing invoices.
- Reconcile supplier accounts, ensure no open payments/credits are left unallocated.
- Posting accrual & prepayment journals
- Assisting with weekly payment runs
- Process employee's petty cash and credit card expense claims.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong desire to apply their accounting & finance knowledge, and be able to work well in a hardworking, dynamic, friendly environment
- Drive and motivation, coupled with first class technical skills
- Have in depth experience of the accounts payable process
- Be available on short notice (1 week maximum)
We've been candidates too so we know how frustrating it is if you don’t hear back from a job application. We’d love to respond to everyone, however given the high volume of responses we receive from the combination of job boards, social media and other sources and despite our best efforts, we simply can’t get back to every application - We know that’s not what you want to hear but we hope you’ll understand?
Short-listed candidates will obviously be contacted for this specific role and if you haven’t heard from us within a week, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
We will keep your CV on file to contact you with regards to future roles and any other advice to help you, however if you do not wish to remain on our database, please let us know and we will obviously remove you. Alternatively, feel free to contact us for a chat.