Procurement Manager Vacancy - FMCG Sector - £40-£50K, Blackpool - APPLY NOW!
REED Procurement & Supply Chain is currently recruiting for a Procurement Manager on behalf of a leading FMCG business based in Blackpool.
Established for over 20 years this award winning FMCG business supply an extensive range of Health & Beauty products to major retailers. Priding themselves on product innovation and customer satisfaction this business are firmly established as a leading Health & Beauty supplier and are continuing to grow.
Currently recruiting for a Procurement Manager the main purpose of this role will be to manage the buying and supply process from concept to delivery, tracking and monitoring sales, costs and market developments in an industry that demands quick turnarounds and continuous innovation.
As Procurement Manager your key responsibilities will be to…
- Manage strategic relationships with key manufacturing and UK supplier partners
- Negotiating with suppliers to ensure optimum commercial arrangements
- Overseeing day to day purchasing activities to ensure the business is able to achieve targets
- Effective budgetary control to contribute to PPV (Purchase Price Variance) and off set market forces (e.g. inflation)
- Tracking SLAs (Service Level Agreements) across suppliers to identify areas for improvement
- Develop and maintain business continuity plans for critical products
- Working with suppliers and NPD (New Product Development) to identify new opportunities and enhance top and bottom line growth
- Attending key trade shows and events to source new suppliers and cost effective solutions
- Managing, coaching and developing the Purchasing Assistant
- Supporting in the maintenance and management of the SIA (Sage Inventory Advisor) system
The successful candidate will have…
- Experience in a similar role and the FMCG sector
- Excellent communication skills, a strong relationship builder and confident negotiator
- Experience in using stock management systems and strong IT skills
- Managed staff
- CIPS qualification (advantageous non-essential)
Salary, Hours & Benefits
- £40,000 - £50,000 per annum
- Monday to Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Staff profit share bonus scheme
- Enterprise management incentive
- Death in service (4 x salary) and pension
How to Apply!
Please reply to this email with your CV attached or call Laura Bradley on for more information.
Please note that due to high volumes of applications only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Know anyone who may be interested? REED offer up to £50 worth of shopping vouchers for successful referrals.