Aspire is an award-winning managed services company specialising in hosted services, data centre solutions, communications and IT support!
Based in the Heworth area of Newcastle they are now looking for a hardworking and motivated individual to join their team as an IT Apprentice.
Salary, Hours & Benefits
- £10,500 per annum
- Monday to Friday (Hours between 8am and 6pm)
- 25 days holiday including bank holidays
- Gym Membership Discounts
- Cycle to work scheme
- Metro pass
There are career progression opportunities available upon completion of the programme. You, along with your employer, may progress to a Level 4 programme, and take your training even further.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting into the Quick Fix Team Leader, you will work within a number of different areas of the business, where there is a strong emphasis on staff development and training.
Typical roles and responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Quick Fix: The apprentice will learn the basics of IT support on this department, tasks will include (but not restricted too) password resets, new user requests and fault logging, throughout your time as you progress technically you will pick up more advanced tickets.
- Additionals: The department is responsible for chargeable work that is not covered by support. Day to day work that will involve building new PC`s, Telephony installs on site and delivering hardware to customer sites, this will involve driving a company vehicle.
- Networks: You will learn the fundamentals of networking in IT and work with Network engineers assisting with a variety of tasks. A typical day's work will include building new routers and on-site installs.
- Projects: On this rotation, the apprentice will assist consultants embarking on all nature of projects, this can include, Telephony rollouts or assisting with infrastructure refreshes.
Full support and guidance will be provided by both the employer and training provider throughout the apprenticeship.
Desired Skills & Competencies
- Maintain awareness of new and emerging technologies
- Good communication skills
- Due to the nature of the role the employer requires somebody who has a full driving licence
- Good work ethic
- Customer focused
- Able to work well as part of a team and individually
About the Employer
Aspire is an award-winning managed services company specialising in hosted services, data centre solutions, communications and IT support. Established in 2006, they have grown organically year on year with 150+ highly trained staff and now have sites across the North East and London.
For more information about Aspire, please visit their website at the below address:
Location & Travel
The office is located in the Heworth area of Gateshead. Heworth Metro Station is only a 3-minute walk from the office.
Training to be Provided
If you are successful in securing this role, you will be enrolled onto one of our apprenticeship programmes. Follow the link below for the programme applicable to this role:
We're always looking for enthusiastic people to add to our talent pool: at Baltic, we believe people are more than a list of skills, so even if you don't feel like you tick every box - get in touch with us! Our apprenticeships will teach you all the skills you need to succeed anyway!
Why choose an Apprenticeship?
Apprenticeships are a great way to get the qualifications and experience needed to start your career. Combining technical training with work experience, becoming an apprentice is the first step to a recognised career path. The digital sector will only continue to grow and an apprenticeship with Baltic will enable you to join this diverse, fast-moving and exciting industry, putting you at the forefront of tomorrow's world. If you're ready to earn more, start your apprenticeship with Baltic Training today, apply below.
Baltic Training is one of the only apprenticeship training providers that offer a completely tech-focused, tech-driven training solution. We help people transform their knowledge and passion into skills that employers need.
If this sounds like the role for you, get in touch! Once we receive your application, one of our team will be in touch to help you with the next stage. In the meantime, if you want to get a head start on the other applicants, expand your knowledge with the links provided!
Residency eligibility applies to this vacancy. You must be a British or European Economic Area (EEA) citizen and have been resident in the UK or EEA country for the past 3 years. Residency rules and some exceptions can be found here https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/730997/1819_Provider_Rules_v1.0.pdf (clause P305)