Our client, a leading engineering company within the Electrical Vehicle market, are looking for an Embedded Software Engineer to work within the Testbed Development team
Working within the Embedded Automotive Software team with the main focus of developing and maintaining software for a new state-of-the art testbed for use in the development of vehicle control units; to involve software development in accordance with automotive, ISO and internal quality systems.
The responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- Design and develop software for a state-of-the-art testbed for use with electric vehicles
- Prepare technical specifications
- Design of embedded software using appropriate methodologies
- Some hardware design work (interfacing to existing microcontroller boards)
- Developing, testing and debugging real-time software
- Defining software interfaces for 3rd party software developers
- Integration of in-house, customer and supplier software and equipment
- Review and interpretation of customer interface specifications
- Preparation of operational documentation
- Support vehicle system testing
Essential Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in software engineering or computer science.
- Experience (2+ years) of professional software development in embedded C
- Experience working with ‘bare metal’ designs
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience with MISRA C
- Experience producing safety critical software.
- Debugging skills & fault-prevention approach.
- Exposure to customer-raised defects and collaboration with customers in their resolution.
- Proactive attitude towards dealing with design and coding problems.
- Articulate ideas to both customers and team members.
- Excellent written skills for a wide variety of communications from specifications to customer emails.
- Ability to tactfully challenge without alienating.
- Adaptable and flexible in communication styles to effectively transfer key and complex information to others of varying degrees of knowledge and experience.
- Comfortable in face-to-face meetings and over the telephone with customers and both technical and non-technical personnel
- Good English reading, writing and verbal skills
- Seek ideas and inputs of colleagues to make best use of team expertise and improve team performance.
- Freely share knowledge and findings with others.
- Worked on global projects along with team members from other countries.
Planning and Organising
- Work with confidence unsupervised.
- Able to manage multiple concurrent work streams.
- Able to organise work to meet deadlines and support team goals.
- Identify issues and take a proactive approach to dealing with them.
- Think creatively to produce workable ideas and novel solutions.
- Have the drive and commitment to see activities to completion.
- Manage own development and performance.
- Strive to improve and keep knowledge and skills up to date.
- Passion for our work.
- The job will be located primarily in Chelmsford with occasional foreign travel.